HSBC Merchant Services
Brand design and implementation
HSBC Merchant Services is a joint venture between HSBC and Global Payments. They handle all HSBC’s UK card payment processing.
One of the sector’s largest operators, they asked us to create a new brand image – that defined, differentiated and elevated their industry presence.
Increase brand awareness and presence.
Establish the brand without creating a new logo that conflicted with HSBC’s existing assets.
Create a consistent, recognisable brand in its own right, while still working within both parent companies’ guidelines – and getting sign-off from both.
To meet the ‘no logo’ brief, we worked with HSBC Merchant Services’ marketing team, designing distinctive, impactful ‘brand elements’ that created a consistent and unique company image.
Our globe-inspired ‘swooshes’ fused the business’ international presence with a dynamic, aspirational, forward-looking energy. From this core idea we built a set of definitive visual guidelines, which were signed off by HSBC’s and Global Payments’ brand directors.
We’ve since worked with HSBC Merchant Services, applying the new branding across all communications – giving the global brand an image as strong as the services they offer.
Their initial project from us involved the creation of the look and feel of our new brand, and its subsequent guidelines and implementation (both internal and external). They have helped us with the complete branding and launch of new products and initiatives, as well as all of our corporate and sales collateral. In spite of the tight timelines and depth of work we put their way, their small size does not impact their hitting deadlines and they always manage to keep smiling! I am very happy to recommend Open Water.Head of Marketing - HSBC Merchant Services
What we do for them ::
- Brand consultation and proposal
- Brand design and implementation
- Design of brand communications
- Exhibition design
- Leaflets and brochures
- Direct Mail
- Email design and marketing
- Website design and build
- HSBC Merchant Services
- Pet Protect
- Global Payments
- Bentleys Stokes and Lowless
- Direct 2 Communications
- Hyde Housing
- Riverside Environmental
- Bliss Rings
- Keywater Services
- Tradewinds Intercontinental
- Z Solutions
- Southern Care
- Barham Court
- Logicall Solutions
- Philos Education
- The interview we did with @grabaperch http://t.co/tsBhsyBJ07 Why we love #Perch and why our clients don't talk about it! #CMS More »
- @The_Ambrette Thought you might like the poster we just designed inspired by a visit to Margate. http://t.co/IEFaaxltd0 More »
- http://t.co/12m7nJ8p3q Managing Director, Wolff Olins London; the impact of the internet on how people feel about brands #branding More »
- Champagne all round! New client, and the champagne would be very appropriate to. More »
- Spray, peel, wash and wear again. http://t.co/WMXY9yEPgO Spray on clothing by Manel Torres. More »
- http://t.co/j4ol6yaZw6 Fresh off the press. All new and they're all up on our portfolio #design #branding #webdesign Get in touch for yours. More »
- These Vintage Work Safety Posters Will Scare You To Death http://t.co/DakNrkb071 via @GuruCareers More »
- @K_vinT_ylor Matt's like United, doesn't look like he's winning until he's got the trophy in his hands! More »
- Our blissfully sunny poster featuring Margate could make a great campaign or brand. http://t.co/cjKuZqZ4ph @VisitKent @ThanetCouncil More »
- RT @K_vinT_ylor: How to Brand a Company – 7 Types of Brand Language You Should Use http://t.co/j3S5x3VEry (Via @Brainzooming) #branding RT … More »
- http://t.co/tNNWeepNiI some of our clients sites are showing over 30% of traffic from mobile devices. It's time to respond. #responsive More »
- A billboard that turns thin air into water. http://t.co/2j9mke7SQZ More »
- Google image search, 'atari breakout' and then forget about doing any work! More »
- http://t.co/D6Yaxw03q5 Make Every Day A Sunday! Our poster featuring @beachMARGATE @MargateHarbour and with a little glimpse of @TCMargate More »
- @EJPeto Thanks for the RT! More »
- Consensus is the enemy of creativity. http://t.co/zZoMxeux8T via @guardian Time for brands to lead rather than do what was done before. More »
- http://t.co/evRem06CiW With Sir Alex stepping down, the United illustrations we created this week have become a mini tribute #SAF More »
- RT @arthurlondon: #Quote “You don’t lead by pointing and telling people a place to go. You #lead by going to that place and making a case”-… More »
- Adobe goes subscription only http://t.co/Xdzn0KqcK3 Will we own anything anymore? #designtax More »
- Open Water Pin of the Week is up. A graphical illustrated representation of the Manchester United First Team. #ManUtd http://t.co/8WzhcpWImk More »